Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 18, 2013

Hello!

I'm not being transferred! It feels so nice to not move or learn new
names and get used to a new companion. I definitely felt like my work
was not finished here and that there's so much more for me to do here.
Not gonna lie, the past few weeks have been rough. I went through some
serious changes and I realized that it was time for me to become the
consecrated missionary the Lord needs me to be. I went through a lot
of emotional storms because my "natural man" didn't want to let go of
what I thought made me me. But I'm giving all of that up now because
none of that stuff matters! All that matters is me devoting everything
I have to the Lord and the work of salvation. This isn't about me. I
had an idea of what that meant when I came out on my mission but now I
know what it means. I'm grateful for all the experiences I've had in
the past 4 months because they have molded me and shaped me and
prepared me to become the tool that the Lord needs to harvest the
fields. I know I won't be perfect and I'll make mistakes but I will do
everything in my power to devote all my time, energy, and thought to
the Lord.

Besides me changing my life, this week was wonderful! We had Stake
Conference and it was AMAZING. The adult session was my favorite.
President Jenkins and Sister Jenkins came and spoke.... They're so
awesome! That session was all about the Work of Salvation, just like
the rest of the world's. It was awesome! The general authority that
came was Elder Foster from the second quorum of the Seventy. He was
spectacular! But my favorite talk was by President Jenkins. He talked
about a lot of things but the thing that he said that stood out to me
was this: Repentance symbolizes happy endings. What a powerful
statement! Repentance isn't a bad thing. Yes, it is hard but it's a
great thing that brings happiness and joy. Think of a fairy tale
ending. The ending is always happy because the characters had to
experience some hard things  in order to appreciate the happiness.
Repentance is just like that. I'm so grateful that I have an
opportunity to repent daily and change to become more like Heavenly
Father and Jesus Christ. I love the Atonement and I love repenting!

Many wonderful things have happened this week and this transfer. I'm
excited for everything that is going to come. I hope to stay in this
area for a long time. I think now that the big wave of missionaries
has passed we will begin to see people stay in areas for a while. This
mission rocks!

Love, Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment