Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 6, 2014

Welcome 2014!

This week has flown by; I can't believe it! I loved the New Year's activity as a mission! We played a lot of games, participated in the world's funniest skits, and bounced President Jenkins around on a sheet. It was a blast! It was a nice break and it was fun to get to know my new zone. Not sure how Sister Mitchell felt, but I loved it and really needed the break as well.

My new companion is Sister Mitchell! She's from Beaver/ Spanish Fork, Utah. She hasn't quite decided where she's from yet ;) She had an interesting first day. We partied then went home because we couldn't proselyte. That's how to start off a mission! She sings opera and was Miss Beaver! She plays the viola (viola buddies for LIFE!!) and has a strong desire to teach people the gospel.
Sister Dunn and Sister Mitchell
January 5, 2014
 White-washing is so fun but so hard at the same time. I love meeting new people and serving them. We have an excuse to go and see anyone! We have a wonderful Ward Mission Leader and we're working hard to stay in contact with him and work with him in similar ways that the elders were working with him. This ward is so excited to have sisters! It's neat because we're the first set of sisters to ever be in the ward. No pressure, right? ;) The members are so wonderful. We've visited a lot of members and every single time they've brought up people they're working with or have invited to the Gilbert Temple open house on their own. We've never initiated those conversations. These members are so missionary minded; it's awesome! We hope to continue the wonderful work the elders had done and add onto it and do things that elders can't do easily. 

I'm really scared for exchanges to start. I have to do 6 one-on-one exchanges before the end of the month. AHH!!Poor Sister Mitchell! Half of this transfer she will have a different companion! But it will be so exciting. I spend a lot of time praying for her that Heavenly Father will help her. 

I can't wait for Elder Holland to come on Saturday! It will be such an amazing experience. We also get an opportunity to work at the Gilbert Temple Open House!! We get to go there once on February 5. I can't wait! President told us the news on Thursday during MLC ( Missionary Leadership Council) that we will have that opportunity and that we can go with investigators and members if the members got tickets. We have members that did and they have people they want to bring. I can't wait to see the blessings and miracles that come from this!

I hope 2014 is the best year ever! I know this year will rock. It's weird to think that I'll be home in a year...... Too weird to think about! I know I have goals that I'm going to be working on and I can't wait to see if I can stretch myself to reach them!


Love, Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment