Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 30, 2013

Hello!

 Well, it's that time again for transfer news. I wish I could say that everything is staying the same but the opposite it happening. Sister Sparhawk is getting a new companion and I'm training a new missionary fresh from the MTC again. I'm also white-washing a family ward. Also, I'm going to be a solo Sister Training Leader! Talk about a change! On Saturday we ended up missing a call from President Jenkins! Biggest mistake ever! Then I got to do the dreaded call back. I could see me training again, but I didn't see the leadership position at all, and I was blindsided with a new ward. The Lord sure is a funny guy! I'm more scared to train this time than I was the first. I'm scared to transition back into "family ward mode." I'm scared that other sisters are going to be looking at me as an example. What if I'm not good enough! Those are just some of my thoughts after getting transfer news. But I humbled myself and turned to God in prayer and told him that I will do whatever is asked of me; no matter how hard it may be or how unqualified I may feel. The Lord and President Jenkins have confidence in me, so I need confidence in myself. Thank goodness for the Atonement! I've received so much strength from it in the past few days and I know I'll need it as this transfer goes on. The strength that I have to go on everyday is not my own, it's the Lord. It's always been him. I don't know what I would do without him. He's my rock and anchor in a constant sea of change. I feel so blessed to have had Sister Sparhawk as my companion. She's a wonderful missionary and my best friend on my mission. Luckily we'll still live in the same apartment complex and we will get to see each other often!

I had a really good Christmas. A member forced us to borrow one of their trees. She even gave us lights and ornaments to decorate it with! This same member also gave us TWO laundry baskets full of presents for me and Sister Sparhawk. I feel so blessed to have been in this ward for 12 weeks. Abe gave us the worlds softest blankets in our favorite colors along with a super sweet letter. He's one of my best friends here in Mesa as well. I'm sure going to miss my little Asian friend! It was really good to see and talk to my family. I can't believe that I haven't seen them for almost 6 months! Time really does fly when you're having fun!

Christmas lights are going to be over tomorrow! I can't believe how fast December has come and gone. I keep praying for miracles! There's been plenty!

Well, besides transfer news, nothing too exciting has happened. After getting really sick I've needed a lot of sleep to be able to recover.

So, there went half the week! Then there was Christmas. I guess the week was pretty mellow so the Lord could prepare me for what he has planned for me :P Also, after sacrament meeting yesterday Bishop Peterson literally PULLED me into a hug. It was the weirdest experience ever. Hope to not have too many of those in the next year!


Anyways! Happy New Year! Hope 2014 ROCKS!

Love, Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment