Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 24, 2014

Greetings!

This week has been... really good. It was really hard near the beginning of the week because I really missed my family, but it got so much better near the end. The members in the Vista Peaks ward have been fantastic and have shown so much love and compassion for me and my family this past week. I've never felt so much love from a ward before. Friday was a little harder for me, but it went well. Heavenly Father definitely helped me this week. He helped my mourning speed up so that I could be as effective as I possibly could. There was this really sweet member last Sunday. I was in the bathroom crying because I was sad and in mourning. She came up and gave me a hug. She didn't even know that Grandma had passed away. But later that week on Tuesday her husband, who is one of our ward missionaries, came to visits with fudge sticks and a card for me. The card said that she later found out about my Grandma and she wanted me to know that their family was always there for me. Then she said "I was going to get you flowers and ice cream, but I hope that you can settle for fudge sticks instead." She is so sweet and loving! This ward is really fantastic and I've never felt so much love from members before... ever! I love Vista Peaks! The members have made this week super wonderful, but my studies have really helped me as well. My personal study is my favorite hour of the day. This precious hour has given me solace and has brought me peace, comfort, and love. I'm studying a Book of Mormon with this question in mind. It's "How does Heavenly Father see me?" I've received so much personal revelation this week and it has been amazing. I feel guided to know what Heavenly Father would have me do to live up to my potential. This week in DLC we were discussing what we can do to help the zone grow and live up to our potential. We decided that we needed to get back to the basics of basics and learn who we really are as children of God. The way that we're going to help the zone do this is start with our selves and when we see the other missionaries tell them about it and share our enthusiasm about what we are discovering. I'm really excited to see what will happen in the zone. I know that I've already seen many blessings from doing so. 

Our area is picking up work! YAY! We've found 3 new investigators this week through many miracles. We have return appointments with them this week and we've found members to come with us each time. The ward is starting to really get on board and is more willing to help and come out with us. It's exciting to see the ward grow. We had a really neat experience on Tuesday. One of our goals is to help the ward become more converted, especially the sisters. We had a member, Sister Lautenschlager, come with us to contact a potential. We were able to see the potential, share a message, set a return appointment, and have a prayer. It was so amazing. The Spirit was so strong and I know that both the member and the potential were touched. Afterward, Sister Lautenschlager thanked us from the bottom of her heart that she had the privilege of feeling the Spirit, watching someone else be touched, and for strengthening her testimony of the gospel. Our goal is being accomplished! It's so exciting! She shared that experience in Relief Society and I could see that the other sisters were touched as well. 

A HUGE MIRACLE HAPPENED ON SUNDAY!  Our investigator, Christian, came to church with his super less active mother and they stayed for all three hours!!!!! HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been so happy in my entire life! But, we have to push back his baptism date.... His dad will not let him be baptized. :( but we'll keep teaching him! Him mom is ok with us coming over and teaching. She is the custodial parent, but she doesn't want to cause problems between her and Christian's dad. Until then, we'll keep teaching and praying :)

I feel very hopeful. I feel like I'm emotionally, almost physically (my back is causing me problems again....), and spiritually stronger. I feel like the Lord is able to do more work through me now. It's a really sweet experience and feeling. I know I still have a lot of learning to do, but I'm seeking to earnestly learn and improve every day. Good things are going to happen, I know it. I hope I'm in the right place, at the right time, with the right people when it happens.

Love, Sister Dunn
Elder Nilson

No comments:

Post a Comment