Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 4, 2014

Greetings!

Happy August! I'm so excited it's August because school starts which
means people are going to be home finally! I'm so excited for mission
tour! It's going to be at the end of August! Elder Schwitzer will be
coming! I remember how amazing it was last year. I learned so much!
I'm ready to be called to repentance and to become better. I can't
believe that a member of the 12 Apostles will be coming on September
20th!!!! We don't know who will be coming yet, but we have been told
that he wants to shake each of our hands! Yupp! This is also going to
be with the Scottsdale Mission, so maybe it will be out of the
mission! Road trip, maybe?

I've spent a lot of time this week during person study and "personal
time" setting goals and creating plans for this transfer and for the
rest of my mission. I thought a lot about what I want to accomplish.
I've been thinking about how I want to be remembered by my fellow
missionaries and President Jenkins. I don't want to disappoint anyone
and I especially don't want to disappoint the Lord. A goal that I have
is to do all that the Lord asks me to do so that by the end of my
mission I can feel the Lord's acceptance and approval. I think that's
real fear I have... disappointing the Lord and not doing enough. I
also want to become more of a PMG missionary so I'm going to reread
PMG from the beginning, plus a couple more goals. :)

We learned a lot from our investigator this week. We learned that he
doesn't like members really... Weird, I know. He expressed (or made
excuses) how they made him feel uncomfortable etc. We were a little
shocked when he told us. We're trying to figure out how to work around
this little road block. I firmly believe in having members with us and
the members we've brought with us have been phenomenal and he's
progressed because they have said things that he needed to hear. I'm
trying to understand..... I know it's the adversary, but Ed is heeding
to that voice and is moving backwards... I feel helpless as he pushes
himself off the path! We're doing all we can but he isn't listening to
us. Ugh. I don't like the adversary. As soon as something amazing
happens or when someone is on track for baptism he steps in and does
his evil stuff and makes the path look unclear even though it is. We
just have to keep giving the "light" to Ed so he can find the path and
stay on it.

We went to the Visitors' Center with the Lee family and their niece
before she left to go home. It was so amazing! This young woman is so
ready to be baptized! It's just unfortunate that her family is
anti.... Before we left the VC she committed to read the Book of
Mormon at school. Her cousin highlighted certain scriptures, wrote her
testimony in the cover, and created a cover for her Book of Mormon so
she could read it anywhere and not get in trouble. She's so amazing!
She'll be so ready to be baptized by the time she turns 18 if she
reads and prays.... :)

We went visiting a lot with one of our ward missionaries and it was
great! Even though no one was home, she got to see how hard our job
actually is and her heart is beginning to be softened and is starting
to open up to the idea of befriending her  neighbors! Miracles! We're
also working with the Young Women a lot and helping them with their
Personal Progress. It's actually really cool to see their attitudes
change as we help them do their value experiences. They're really
learning a lot and I know they're starting to trust us. I hope that
they will be inspired to do missionary work and then we can also help
them with that. :)

Here's a quote that changed the way I pray forever. "Prayer is made up
of heart throbs and righteous yearnings of the souls, of supplication
based on the realization of need, of contrition and pure desire." I
finally feel like I know how Alma prayed or how the Lord prayed and I
want to pray like them. This is how one prays with sincerity of heart
and shows faith. I'm going to work on developing my prayers to be like
this. :) What are you going to do to make your prayers more meaningful
and sincere?

Adventures of the week!
1. I drove over the demon cactus, AKA the jumping cactus. This cactus'
needles are shaped like fishing hooks. So, when you try and pull it
out it snags on your skin. Here's a bonus! They're also brittle and
rather than fighting against your flesh they break off and have a
vacation in your flesh. They're pleasant said no person ever. Anyways,
I accidentally drove over one... It took forever it get the main chuck
out of our tire. We didn't really even attempt to get everything out.
It was great to be doing that in 110 degree weather... never. again.
will. I. drive. over. a cactus.
2. We saw a coyote! My first coyote!
3. It rained! YAY!






No comments:

Post a Comment