Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 11, 2014

Greetings!

Guess what!? Something is actually going on in Stonebridge! I think
sparks are starting to fly so hopefully they'll catch fire and start
burning! We have the best ward mission leader. He's super sneaky and
used reverse psychology on the ward council on Sunday. It was the most
epic thing in my entire life. Nothing was happening in the ward and
the council was not being active in getting things done. With Brother
Smith's cleverness the ward is now actively working to have open
houses monthly! It's a small thing, but this is the most progress I've
ever seen in this ward!

All of us were talking the other day during weekly planning and we've
created a plan to teach the members the lessons, to strengthen them,
and to help them become more converted. We're actively working to
teach 20 lessons a week to members since less actives want nothing to
do with us and almost all of our investigators have moved. We've only
been doing it a few days but it has been successful. The members are
starting to trust us more and are able to see what we are called to
do: to teach. I feel like all my experience on my mission has been
preparing me to work in this area. Over the past year the Lord has
been building a vision and helping me create plans to help members to
do missionary work and to be converted. Now I get to put this
knowledge and vision to work. It's a little intimidating because I
have to teach my companions how to work with the members and I'm doing
a lot of things I've never done before. I've never felt like I need
the Lord's help so much. I'm just trying to do what I feel prompted to
do. At times I feel like a chicken with her head cut off but when I
step back I can see things starting to come together. The work in the
Stonebridge ward will take a while to get going, but it is starting to
grow. I hope to stay and continue to help them. The potential to do
amazing things has always been there, we just need to help them see
it and do something with it.

Ed has a different work schedule so he can come to church
now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many prayers have been answered! He still works
for the same company but he works graves (9pm-6am) and will be able to
start coming to church! He's more excited than us that he can come to
church! He still wants to be baptized and is working to get there.
He's praying and reading here and there. He's definitely working
towards September 20th. We talked to our ward mission leader about
getting him real friends but he didn't really listen.... but Heavenly
Father did and he inspired the elders quorum to stop by to see him!
Patience, faith, and prayers.... they really work to facilitate a
miracle! Hopefully he will be able to come to a FHE with a member
family tonight!

I've been studying PMG this week and I've gotten to chapter 3. I've
decided to find a talk to read that will expand and enhance my
knowledge about each principle in the lessons. I studied a talk by
Robert D. Hales called "Seeking to Know God, Our Heavenly Father, and
His Son, Jesus Christ" and I learned that every single person knows
who God really is, His nature, everything! We each have the potential
to learn who He is but we have to choose to know who He is. We do this
by study, prayer, bearing testimony, and believing in other's
testimonies. That was really eye opening and I feel I have a greater
understanding and appreciation for the scriptures and the power they
have to teach us the things of heaven.

Hehe.... Brother Smith is really good friends with Rob
Gardner................ :D Enough said..............    :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

-Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment