Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 7, 2013


I'm still in a trio and it's the hardest thing about being in the MTC, but I love my Sisters and we learn and grow from each other every single day. I found a Washington D.C Temple recommend case/holder/thingy in the bookstore! That made me so happy! Just a happy thought :)

The MTC is flying by! I can't believe that I leave on Tuesday and fly down to Mesa! EEK! I leave Tuesday morning at 4:30 and my flight to Phoenix leaves at 8:30.  I've learned so much but I'm not overwhelmed because I'm starting to apply what I learn and move it from my mind to my heart. I am so grateful for the Atonement because without it I wouldn't be able to do any of this because I wouldn't have the strength.

My companions and I taught our first investigator on Monday and let me tell you it was so scary to think about. All throughout class and scripture study and even our progressing investigator's lesson I was so stressed out that I could not feel the Spirit. During scripture study, I was studying for our investigators and also for myself. I wanted to learn what God wanted me to know. As I was studying the Book of Mormon and Lesson 1 in Preach My Gospel, the Priesthood kept jumping out and the spirit was giving me impressions to get a blessing but I was so focused on me and my worries that I wasn't able to hear what God was trying to tell me. After working out, I was in the shower pondering what I had studied when a spiritual brick hit me on the side of the head. I realized I needed a blessing. I felt like Heavenly Father was saying (in my words) "You dummy! I've been trying to tell you that all day!" So an hour before we had to go teach, I asked Elder England to give me a blessing. The spirit just filled me and I could feel the immeasurable love of Heavenly Father. I have felt really close to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the past week, but there is nothing like the power of the Priesthood and the ability it has to fill a person and a room with the pure love of God. Amazing! When we went to go teach, we were all filled with the Spirit and what we spoke didn't come from us, they were directly from God; words that our investigator Michelle needed to hear.

I'm learning what my purpose is and living it by HELPING others come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. I've learned the hard way to forget about myself and what I want and focus on what the Spirit is telling me to teach and learn. I've been humbled by this experience and I rely on the Lord everyday. Prayer is so important too. I've got calluses on my knees because I am on my knees praying so much! But without it, I would be without direction and I wouldn't be able to express needs and desires and my gratitude to Heavenly Father. Learning about Christ and His Doctrine have brought me closer to Him and being able to use the Atonement has really been a blessing in my life.

New missionaries arrived on Wednesday! It was so much fun to say hello to everyone who had a little orange dot on their tags (we call them dork dots :P). I can't believe that was me last week! And I can't believe I leave for the field in four days! I have three full days in the MTC left, so freaky!

I love getting mail! It's fun and I love reading about everyone's life; reading lets me focus on others and gives me inspiration too! My mission home address is :

Sister Brianna Dunn
Arizona Mesa Mission
2525 N 32nd Street
Mesa, AZ 85213-1811

Please write!!

No comments:

Post a Comment