Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013


Hello again!!

Just to let you know, it's a cool 100 degrees with no humidity!! YAY! Because it's been monsoon season the humidity had been unbearable plus the heat so I was one dead turkey! But I'm ok now :)

I'll tell you a little about my area. I work with family wards. Lazona is amazing. The week before I came here, they had 7 baptisms! And they're going to have two in the next two weeks! They are so missionary oriented and really understand that without the efforts of the members, the work would be stagnant. They are so cool and open to us and their neighbors. They make an effort to get to know their neighbors so when we come knocking on their doors they can give us referrals.

Cooper is on the rise. The work had been really slow there in the past, but we're working hard with them to get them excited about the work. We don't have anyone to teach there are very few less-actives and recent converts. We're working with the Bishop and he's working really hard just like the one in Lazona to get the work going again.

Emerald Acres is the frustrating ward. Their bishop does not care for missionary work. He hardly knows his own neighbors or who isn't a member in the ward. We are trying to spend time in the area but Lazona takes all of our time and energy!

I was struggling with not teaching investigators and having the ones we are teaching bail on us. I was thinking what else can I do? So during personal study, I asked Heavenly Father what He wanted me to do because I was frustrated. So I opened the Book of Mormon to wherever and it fell open to Alma 32. I almost didn't read it because I had read it yesterday and I was prideful; I forgot that this book isn't just stories, it's the word of God and He wanted to speak to me through this chapter. So, I just started reading from the beginning and got my answer is the first two verses, they read "And it came to pass that they did go forth, and began to preach the word of God unto the people, entering into their synagogues, and into their houses; yea, and even they did preach the word in their streets. And it came to pass that after much labor among them, they began to have success..." I needed this wake-up call! I needed to realize that even though I am serving members, doorways will be opened for those who are ready and prepared to receive the gospel. I can definitely say I was humbled by two verses.
 

That's been my week! Working with the members, helping Robert and Lisa prepare for their date. Lisa has been so awesome! She is so receptive to the Spirit and its guidance; it blows me away! She is so prepared. But Robert is struggling a little with the Word of Wisdom and Lisa wants to be baptized this Saturday but Robert wants them to be baptized together. We've been praying really hard for them to come to a decision together and you'll find out next week what happened!

I love you all so much!

-Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment