Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

Hello!

If I had to describe this week in one word it would be refocus. We are in a trio until the end of the transfer! I'm so grateful Sister Sacher joined us this week. I was devastated when Sister Nikitina ( her companion) had to go home, but I really needed Sister Sacher. I had been really stressed out Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. It came to a point where I was crying everyday and I couldn't think of an explanation as to why I was feeling the way I was. I knew I was using the Atonement and asking for help from Heavenly Father but I still felt hopeless. Then Sister Sacher joined and she had fun! I realized that I was not relieving my stress at all. I was just working and working and not taking care of my emotional needs. I learned a valuable lesson this week on the importance of taking care of yourself before you are able to take care of others.  This is something that I'm going to take into next transfer. 
 
I got transfer news!!! *drum roll* I'M TRAINING! I know. So cool! President Jenkins called Saturday afternoon and asked if I would be willing to do it. I humbly accepted the assignment. I just want to express how humbled and honored I feel to be called as a trainer. I was reading in the Handbook under "Missionary Leadership" and began to recognize how much I've grown in the past 12 weeks. I know how I want to train and it is by example. I'm a person of few words so I'm going to teach by my actions. I know that the Lord has called me to do this and He knows I'm capable of doing it. And I know that the Spirit will tell me the words I need to say; I just need to always be ready to open my mouth and take Elder Ballard's call to repentance and speak! I know I have a lot to learn and skills and attributes to develop but I know the Lord is right there with His arms extended. All I have to do is reach up and grab on tight!
 
Jesus is doing fantastic! He came to both sessions of General Conference on Sunday and loved them! He is so eager to learn and grow! We taught him the Law of Chastity and he is keeping it; which is really exciting! He is such an example to his family. His brothers (who ridiculed him for investigating the church) are more open and nice to him. If they have questions, Jesus answers them and he can see that the Spirit is touching their hearts. It's really amazing!
 
Since we now have four wards this week, we didn't have a lot of lessons in Northpoint and Estate Groves wards. But we have had a lot of lessons with members teaching them the five lessons. It's been a great way to get to know the member in the wards.
 
General Conference was absolutely amazing! I loved Elder McConkie's talk. I felt like he was talking directly to me. It was exactly what I needed. And Elder Ballard's talk was amazing. I'm going to follow up on his commitment! Can't wait to hear about the miracles that are going to happen! I noticed that this conference was one big call to repentance. Having a lot of talks be about missionary work is making me realize that this work is hastening faster than I can imagine. I know the Savior is coming soon. We all need to see this and act in faith that we will be able to give everyone the opportunity to accept the gospel. I know that the gospel is true and that Jesus Christ is at the head of it and will be here on earth to run it again! I can't wait!!

Love, Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment