Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013


Greetings!

This week has been so good. There were many miracles (most in unexpected ways) and I feel... Happy. I  haven't felt this happy since before my mission. Actually, I haven't felt this happy ever.

Kyle is set for baptism this Saturday! Our ward mission leader thinks that we should postpone the baptism until after the first of the year, but we've decided that him being baptized this Saturday would be best for him. But we did listen to him and pondered and prayed about what we should do. I spent a lot of time studying and praying personally to know what we should do. I honestly didn't know what we should have done. During our weekly planning session, we took an hour to decide what we should do for him. We said a prayer and we both felt that Heavenly Father was telling us that both of these options, baptizing him on Saturday or postponing, were both good options for him and to make a choice. We went through the pros and cons of both,  and after 45 minutes we both decided that baptizing him would be the best thing. After our decision I've gone back and forth and I've second guessed myself a couple of times, but I have been reassured that this is the right path for Kyle. As we were planning what we still needed to do for him, I saw the hand of the Lord in our planning. This is going to happen for him! He's had so many setbacks because of his dad, but I feel that nothing is going to stop him except if he succumbs to temptation. So his baptism is December 21, 2013 at the chapel next to the mission office at 4:00. It's going to be an awesome baptism! I'm super excited!
Scorpion in our car!!

Ok, this is a crazy experience we had this week. We had a scorpion in our car!! It was on our dashboard and it crawled out of an air vent as we were driving to Christmas lights and it fell off the dashboard as we were driving and I had no idea where it had gone! YUCK! I've never been so scared in my entire life! It's a miracle that we were able to pull over into a neighborhood. We were out of the car before I could put it in park! After we parked, we took a look inside and found it in the vent in the front of the dash. I didn't know how to get it out and I was too scared to try. So we did the logical thing and ran to the closest house for help. No one was home at the first house so we ran to the next closest house. Luckily someone was there and he was a member. Frantic, we told him our situation and he was more than willing to help us. We went to the car and showed him the scorpion. After some thinking, we got it out of the vent. It was a decent sized scorpion. After the traumatic event, our wonderful savior went back home. We didn't even get to ask him his name! But Heavenly Father blessed us with this man. Another miracle for the week!

We got to go to the temple this week! YAY! It rocked! I got to go with half of my mission. It was a really special experience seeing over 100 of the Lord's anointed in the temple. That was a very powerful experience. After the temple trip we had a mission Christmas party! It was so fun! President told us at the end of the activity that it was a present to us. He and Sister Jenkins didn't want us to work for that day to have a happy day. It was the best Christmas present ever! We had a DELICIOUS lunch of steak, greenbeans, potatoes, and green salads with desserts that were so heavenly. Ugh. I would have been happy with the food but we had a lot more awesomeness! We did service projects for local charities in Mesa. What would have taken a good sized group an hour to complete the projects there it took 220 missionaries 20 minutes to complete. It was so awesome to help give back to the community. The family that put this party together then had a performance for us! They played Christmas music using chimes! It was so fun! After their beautiful performance they gave the missionaries a turn! I got to play an F natural in "Hark The Herald Angels Sing." It pretty much rocked my world. After all this fun we had more!!!!!!!!!! Clyde Bawden and Freddie Ashby came and gave the mission a concert of music from "Reflections of Christ." I thought I died and went to Heaven! I've never felt the Spirit so strong before because of music. It was so powerful. Freddie sang my favorite song "Come See The Light'." That song changed my life. Listen to it and find out why! 

Well, that's my week! Little random note: I've been out in the field for 5 months as of today. It weird how fast time flies!

Love, Sister Dunn
 




No comments:

Post a Comment