Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

The Lights, light up my soul!


Greetings!

This week has been a whirl wind.

Thanksgiving was so good! We had two dinners. One was at the McAllister's (Brother McAllister is the ward clerk) and the other was at the home of a less active named Kambria. I have never eaten so much food in my entire life! Since we couldn't be out proselyting unless we had an appointment, President gave the missionaries permission to have our own Turkey Bowl! Our zone leaders arranged it all. We got to play touch football and I actually caught the ball 3 whole times and scored twice! That's pretty good considering that I don't like football nor do I know how to play it, but it was fun being with the zone. We always have fun together.

So the people who "gobbled" President and Sister Jenkins door were..... Me, Sister Sparhawk, Sister King, and Sister Willahan! It was so much fun! I've never felt so sneaky in my entire life! It was so fun being able to do something so sweet and nice for them. We also gobbled the mission office :)  (They made turkeys from hand prints and wrote thank you notes on them. They also made two turkeys out of  pumpkins, complete with missionary name tags for Pres. & Sister Jenkins. They taped the handprint turkeys all over the door, put the pumpkin turkeys on the door step, rang the doorbell and ran!)

Christmas Lights is a lot of fun, but it is also physically taxing. We are standing for 2 hours, but it's so worth it to see people's faces light up when they see the lights. It's a really special experience. On the temple grounds we hostess and we welcome people. But we also collect referrals and invite others to come unto Christ. We are doing missionary work, but in a more subtle way that isn't as aggressive as working in our areas.

I had a small miracle happen last night. The place where we had our shift wasn't the most exciting place on the grounds. Actually, it was quite boring. After an hour of not really talking to anyone, I saw this family and I felt inspired to talk with them. I met the Slack family from Woods Cross! They are in the other stake, but they know President Traeden. Their son knows Jamison as well! They're in Jazz Band together! It was a very sweet experience meeting this family. They have a wonderful spirit about them. This family really lifted up my spirits and helped me remember my purpose of being on the temple grounds.

There's so much more that happened this week, but I don't have a lot of time and I still have to write President.


Love, Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment