Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 14, 2014

Greetings!

This week has definitely improved from the past couple! That is making me happy. The weather is bearable (but I am not looking forward to the next couple of weeks... it's going to be crazy hot this summer!) and I am getting tan again! It's a wonderful time of year and it's only 90 degrees!

We had a really big miracle yesterday! We have a new investigator named Preston! He is one that previous missionaries were teaching, but nothing ever really happened with him. We began teaching him this week and we set a baptism date with him! May 31st! This lesson on Sunday was really long, but it was really good as well. The members that we had with us were filled with the Spirit and they asked Preston a lot of inspired questions and Preston was able to teach himself a lot if not most of the time. That was really special! We feel that he's definitely ready to be baptized. He's a miracle from The Lord!

The wards are doing pretty well! We FINALLY got an assistant ward mission leader in Vista Peaks! We had a stake training with all the bishops, ward mission leaders and missionaries, and full-time missionaries about how we can work together to hasten the Lord's work.
I hope and pray that even better things are going to start coming and everyone gets on the same page.

I got to go on exchanges with Sisters Taylor and Taylor! The exchange was FANTASTIC! Despite not having a car due to the recall of 2014 Chevy Cruzes we experienced a lot of miracles, taught lots of lessons, and saw a lot of people. I loved being on a bike and I'm sad that we can't bike this transfer.... maybe in the near future :)

I'm making my companionship work! It's hard creating flow and unity between the three of us, but it's working. I'm learning a lot about what it means to be truly humble and to be submissive and changeable.
I've spent a lot of time on my knees asking for strength to get through whatever comes my way. I'm amazed at the Atonement. It's something that I can't even begin to describe but I know it is real and the power that comes from it is tangible. I am happier because of it. I'm learning the power of patience and holding my tongue for the greater good, I guess you could say... I've found a lot of peace this couple weeks in my studies and in my personal prayers. I'm so grateful that The Lord has blessed us with precious time to give our full attention to him and learning what he would have us learn.

I got to go to the Easter Pageant TWICE last week and I get to go almost everyday this coming week. IT IS AMAZING. I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it is. The music is beautiful (it's written by Rob Gardner, so you know it's going to be good...) and the dancing and acting is splendid! I have many favorite parts, but a few of my favorites are when Mary Magdalene is outside of the empty tomb of Christ and then He appears to her. Her love and excitement to see her Lord and Master again makes my heart sing! It's so beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment