Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014

Greetings!!

President Jenkins sent us the best email ever! It make my day!...
actually my whole week! This week has been pretty rough both
physically and spiritually. My back injured itself while running on
Tuesday and pretty much took me out for a few days. I couldn't move
and it's discouraging when something like that happens. Especially
when you're doing something good for your body. My back is better now,
but it really was a downer last week.

I found out the we get to go to the Phoenix Temple open house!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!! We get to watch "Meet the Mormons" in a few weeks at the
Visitors' Center!!!!!!!! YAY!!! We don't get to see it in theaters,
but President got a copy of it and is arranging times for us to watch
it as zones!! On Halloween, instead of being stuck inside we get the
option to go and do endowments or INITIATORIES!!!!!! I'M SO
EXCITED!!!! I think I know what I'm going to be doing on Halloween!!
:D

Maria and Mack are doing so good!! We went over Tuesday to do service
(I just sat there in extreme pain admiring Maria's and Sister
Krueger's hard work) and we had a miracle happen! After service we
were getting water and were just about to leave when Maria stops us
and asks us to explain this "no drinking caffeine thing." She said
that she had stopped drinking coffee and tea the week before, but she
wanted to learn why she stopped. Needless to say, we were shocked and
we got to teach her about the Word of Wisdom. She is so excited to
live it!! She sees what a blessing it is in our lives and committed to
start living it exactly! She wants to become like the people who have
been such great examples to her. How great is that?? Miracles. She
came to the General Women's Meeting and LOVED it. There was a dinner
afterward with all the Relief Society sisters and she made so many new
friends! Both Mack and Maria are just growing!!

Las Sendas is doing really well. The work is moving forward. Less
actives are letting us see them, we have the two best investigators,
and the members are supporting us. Stonebridge has completely stopped
moving forward. I honestly have no idea why. There's nothing going on.
Less actives want nothing to do with us, we have zero investigators,
and the members don't really care about the work. It's shocking to see
the stark difference. We're going to keep trying though. We're going
to find people. We're going to help the members. Giving up is not an
option.

Went to the temple on Wednesday! It was so good! Half the zone wasn't
there because they didn't look at the calendar, but those who were
there had a great time. Despite having a mysterious injury, my back
didn't bother me at all during the session. It really was amazing.
It's like the Lord took away my pain because He wanted me to enjoy the
temple. I didn't have a great experience the last time... Just another
tender mercy. :)

The General Women's Meeting was SO GOOD!!! I loved all the talks.
Based on a lot of talks about temples and keeping covenants we need to
do better. I know I can do better! It was really motivating to hear
all the good things that come from obedience. I've been studying quite
a bit about obedience and if there's one thing I've learned it's that
obedience brings happiness; disobedience brings misery. The world
would truly be a happier place if everyone was obedient to the
commandments and their covenants. President Utchdorf's talk was my
favorite. I LOVED his promised blessing at the end. As we live the
gospel joyful we will discover our true selves. How exciting is that?
Doesn't that make you want to live the gospel more fully? It does for
me. I'm excited to do that and see this blessing happen in my own life.

The events leading up to the meeting were insane. Rain was falling
like crazy (blessings maybe??). It poured, and poured, and poured. Our
dinner was in the boonies, but because of the rain the street was
flooded out. There's no way Steve could have gotten there. There was
easily a foot of water rushing down the street. So, our dinner came
and picked us up. :) Mesa was flooded again. But I don't think it was
as bad as two weeks ago. Still, it was a lot of rain. As we were
pulling into the stake center parking lot it was a normal rain. As
soon as we put our car in park, a heavy torrential rain came. Luckily
Maria had given us ponchos! We looked like little rays of sunshine
running across the parking lot. :) Even with the plastic on we got
soaked, but at least we made it in time!

Who's excited for General Conference?!?!? I am!!!!!! Preparing has
taken the past 6 months. Ever since the talks first came out I've been
constantly studying them and applying what I learn. I feel so prepared
for this coming weekend. General Conference isn't just a break from
church. It's an opportunity to hear from our prophets and leaders, to
be guided for the future, and to receive spiritual strength. This
event is evidence that Heavenly Father loves all of His children by
providing everyone with specific and personal direction to know how to
get through the next 6 months. I'm so excited! Be sure to go with
questions, an open heart and mind, and a notebook to write down
impressions from the Spirit! That's how I make the time meaningful and
I know it can be that way for you as well. :)

-Sister Dunn

1. Our dinner on Saturday! We had to dine by candlelight because our
member's power went out!
2. Storms make the best sunsets....
3. Temple selfie!
P.S.     ALSO!!!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO SEE "MEET THE MORMONS" BECAUSE IT'S
GOING TO BE SO GOOD!!! PLUS, THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT SEE IT OPENING
NIGHT WILL DETERMINE HOW LONG IT IS IN THEATERS!!!!!! WE WANT IT IN
THEATERS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!!!! SHARE THE GOOD NEWS!!!! GRAB A FRIEND
AND GOOOOOOOOOO!

That's all :)
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment